The building (centre) is now the Devonshire Dairy. In the 1890s this shop was Hooper’s Bakery. [On the left The Shambles which predated the Market House, c.1862, with kind permission of Bowden’s Museum .]
George Rowe bought the property and let it to George and Hetty Rice when it became a Sweet shop and Taxi service in the 1960s It became Meredith’s Tea Shop, then Antiques, since when it has been a Dairy with Jim Forsey followed by the Vincent family from Murchington.
Hetty Rice outside her Sweetshop in the 1960s.